Instrument of Government
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT: FOUNDATION SCHOOLS
1. The name of the School is Brannel School.
2. The School is a foundation school with a foundation/a qualifying foundation school (i.e. a Trust school).
3. The name of the Governing body is “The Governing body of Brannel School.”
4. The Governing Body shall consist of:
- 5 Parent Governors (at least two)
- 2 Staff Governors (the Headteacher and one place)
- 1 Local Authority Governor (one place)
- 6 Co-opted Governors (unlimited)
- 2 Foundation/Trust Governors (at least two but no more than forty five percent)
5. The total number of Governors is 16.
6. The term of office of all categories of Governor is four years.
7. Foundation/Trust governors will be appointed by the ‘The Mid Cornwall Co-operative Learning Trust’.
8. This instrument of government comes into effect on 3rd July 2014.
9. This instrument was amended by order of Cornwall Children’s Services Authority on 7th July 2014