School Uniform Supplier
Uniform should be purchased through our approved uniform provider - Macron - either online or by visiting the Macron shop in St Columb.
Why School Uniform Matters
We believe that appearance matters:
- Wearing a smart school uniform signifies self-respect, diligence, pride in the school and a pledge to learn. A student who is proud of their school is a student who is ready to learn.
- A smart and distinctive school uniform helps create the public perception that a school is high-performing and aspirational.
- In addition, wearing a uniform helps students prepare for the next stage of their education and career where personal presentation is a critical part of the interview process. Dressing smartly implies professionalism and excellence.
Over the past few years, we have taken a measured approach to improving and developing the standard of uniform and appearance of our students. We are very proud of how smart our students look and the pride which they have in our uniform and their school. Through this process, we have learned some things about our students:
- Firstly, we have learned how much more focused on learning they are as they have looked smarter.
- Students have appreciated it when we have made our expectations very clear and ensured that all follow them.
- We have also noticed that our students have become more ambitious and aspirational. We are beginning to see our ambitions be realised where students aim to ‘be the best they can be’.
Changes to School Uniform from September 2017
From September 2017 it is compulsory for all students in Years 7, 8 and 9 to wear the school blazer as part of their school uniform.
For the academic year 2017/18 it is optional for students who are Years 10 and 11 to wear the blazer.
For the academic year 2018/19 it will be optional for students who are Year 11 only to wear the blazer.
From September 2019 it will be compulsory for all students to wear the school blazer as part of their school uniform.
Guidance on School Uniform
We are providing a clear policy on our school uniform which we hope will be useful in helping to understand the school’s expectations.