Our Pupil Premium Strategy
The Pupil Premium Grant provides schools with additional funding to be used to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
Brannel School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2021-24 (including review of 2021-22)
Pupil Premium Strategy Lead: Mrs L Hocking, Assistant Headteacher
- Focus on high quality teaching.
- High aspirations and expectations.
- Demonstrate positive impact of all strategies.
- Engage parents/ carers in the education and progress of their child.
- Focus on outcomes for all individual pupils.
- Identification of the main barriers to learning for disadvantaged pupils.
- Individualised approach to addressing barriers to learning and emotional support.
- Frequent monitoring of the progress of every disadvantaged pupil.
- When a pupil’s progress slows, interventions are put in place rapidly to support their needs.
- Teachers know which pupils are eligible for pupil premium.
- The needs of disadvantaged children in specific groups are recognised e.g. high ability pupils, looked-after children.